CAM MITCHELL MEMORIAL
(34th ANNUAL ANCASTER)
WOMEN’S FASTPITCH TOURNAMENT
DATE: Friday June 16th to Sunday June 18th, 2017
LOCATION: Ancaster Community Centre Park (3 diamonds)
Amberly Park (1 diamond)
James Smith Park (1 diamond)
ENTRY FEE: $500.00
Payable to – Hamilton Hurricanes Women’s Fastball Club
Note: Withdrawal after May 1st, 2017 will result in forfeiture of your entry fee UNLESS we can find a team to take your place.
BALLS ARE SUPPLIED
ENTRY DEADLINE: Monday, May 1st, 2017
FORMAT: Tournament will consist of 2 divisions. (Open Tier I and Open Tier II)
Open includes (Midget, Junior, Intermediate and Senior).
All teams will be guaranteed 4 games.
Each division will be Pool play with top teams advancing to a single elimination round.
Traveling expenses will be awarded by division based on total teams entered per division.
ELIGIBILITY: Each team will be allowed a maximum of 17 players including 2 pickups.
Note: Pickups must be identified as such on your team roster and they must have a written note from the Manager of their team granting permission to play for you as per PWSA Constitution.
Any violation of eligibility rules will result in automatic disqualification from the tournament with no return of entry fee.
Note: Any non PWSA affiliated teams must provide proof of insurance.
All eligibility decisions will be at the discretion of the tournament committee.
CHECK IN: All teams must report 45 minutes prior to first game. Upon our receipt of their team
roster it may not be changed.
MAIL ENTRIES TO: Brian Weller
32 Eaton Place
Hamilton, Ontario, L8H 1N7
Phone: (905) 549-9969
TOURNAMENT PLAYING RULES
1. NO infield at any time.
2. Home Team will be decided by a coin toss before the game.
3. A team will be allowed 10 minutes after scheduled start time to field a team.
4. Pool Play: Seven innings or one hour and 30 minutes will constitute a game. No new inning to start after one hour and 30 minutes. Ties will stand.
5. Elimination Round: No new inning after 1hr. 30 min. If tied international tie breaker at the top of next inning.
6. Final games will be 7 innings with no time limit.
7. Softball Canada Official Guide & Rule book rules will apply.
8. NO PROTESTS – Umpire’s decision is final.
9. Any ejection from a game will be ruled on by the umpires, while any ejection from the tournament will be ruled on by the tournament committee.
10. If a game in progress is called due to rain, play will resume where interrupted same (Score, Inning, Outs, Count). Note – Line-ups may change due to player availability.
11. Matching shirts with numbers are the minimum requirements for uniforms. This rule will be STRICTLY ENFORCED.
12. Batting helmets must be worn. All batting helmets must have 2 ear flaps.
13. Steel cleats are allowed.
14. Players’ conduct is the responsibility of the coach.
WE HEREBY RELEASE THE ANCASTER BLIZZARD REP FASTPITCH ASSOCIATION, THE HAMILTON HURRICANES WOMEN’S FASTBALL CLUB AND THE TOURNAMENT ORGANIZERS FROM ALL CLAIMS FOR DAMAGES ARISING FROM ANY ACCIDENTS OR PERSONAL INJURY, LOSS OR THEFT OF CLOTHING OR EQUIPMENT WHICH ARE CAUSED BY OR ARISE FROM PARTICIPATION IN OR AT THE TOURNAMENT, OR IN ANY FACILITY WHERE AN EVENT IS BEING HELD.
TEAM NAME: _____________________________________________________
CONTACT NAME: __________________________________________________
NOTE: ANY NON PWSA AFFILIATED TEAMS MUST PROVIDE PROOF OF INSURANCE.
NAME: (Note: Any pickup must be included in your 17 player roster.)
1. _____________________________ 10. _______________________________
2. _____________________________ 11. _______________________________
3. _____________________________ 12. _______________________________
4. _____________________________ 13. _______________________________
5. _____________________________ 14. _______________________________
6. _____________________________ 15. _______________________________
7. _____________________________ 16. _______________________________
8. _____________________________ 17. _______________________________
Coach: _________________________ Coach: _____________________________
Pickup #1 Pickup #2
Name: _________________________ Name: ______________________________
Team: _________________________ Team: ______________________________
League: ________________________ League: _____________________________
We have read and fully understand all of the rules and conditions as laid out on Page 2. (Tournament and Playing Rules).
I hereby ensure that NO individuals (players, coaches, managers, etc.) will participate with this team in the tournament without his/her name on this entry/release form.